[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Because nobody told me that the file WORKED until today. =P
Sorry! I also used the post.php file you posted as well but I wouldn't know how to tell if that works. I only uploaded it because you posted it.

My XenPorta Twitter module stopped working recently, out of the blue. I'm using "from:myusername" to fetch my tweets, but nothing's showing up.

Does anyone have a clue of what's going on?

So I have tested a little bit with the Twitter Block. But I found no reason why it shouldn't work. So I created a new widget at twitter.com (https://twitter.com/about/resources/widgets) and this one do not work either.

So I think this is a twitter problem. Some from:username work some may not ... I asked at twitter but did not get an answer yet

Benny

So I have tested a little bit with the Twitter Block. But I found no reason why it shouldn't work. So I created a new widget at twitter.com (https://twitter.com/about/resources/widgets) and this one do not work either.

So I think this is a twitter problem. Some from:username work some may not ... I asked at twitter but did not get an answer yet

Benny
The real question is why does Jaxel's Twitter Block work and ours doesn't?

The real question is why does Jaxel's Twitter Block work and ours doesn't?

As already said some querys work some not. In my case for example:

Code:

So only some querys from usernames do not work...

so the query #onlinegilde do not work but onlinegilde and @onlinegilde as querys do work

So I think this is a twitetr problem, and as already said I ask their support but no answer yet

Benny

As already said some querys work some not. In my case for example:

Code:

So only some querys from usernames do not work...

so the query #onlinegilde do not work but onlinegilde and @onlinegilde as querys do work

So I think this is a twitetr problem, and as already said I ask their support but no answer yet

Benny
Ah sh!t I changed my twitter name that's why. You can change your twitter name in the account settings.

Click on Blocks and Hit the Red X at the end of the MediaRecent block listing.
That fixed the size issue with the thumbnails exploding out of the block which is awesome and now I can use the block again, but it did not fix the alignment issue. I am displaying 4 videos in my block, the top 2 are aligned but the bottom 2 do not line up correctly.

Sorry if this has been answered already, but with 36 pages I may have missed it.

I have a sub set up for news and would like to use this to post stuff to the front page. But it does not handle images the way I want. When I promote I can check "Disable Promotion Icon" and the images will show correctly, but right now they show as thumbnails on the right side.

Easy fix? Am I missing something obvious?

I've added the below code to output a larger font size for Recent News, however I also want to be able to make the title red.. which is my @PrimaryMedium colour. Does anyone know how to add this properly? I've tried about 10 different variations of color:#@PrimaryMedium but it's not working...

PHP:
/* NEWS TITLE INCREASED FONT SIZE */
.newsTitle{font-size:1.3em !important}

Try this

PHP:
.newsTitle
{
    color: red !important;
}

or choose any hex code of your liking and replace it with "red", for instance

PHP:
.newsTitle
{
    color: #FF0000 !important;
}

Bookmarks does not extend or overwrite the function getPostsInThread it simply calls it.
You may want to change your line:
PHP:
$fetchOptions['join'] += self::FETCH_THREAD;
with:
PHP:
if (!empty($fetchOptions['join']))
{
    $fetchOptions['join'] |= self::FETCH_THREAD;
}
else
{
    $fetchOptions['join'] = self::FETCH_THREAD;
}

Solved with this solution: this changes need to be do in the file: /library/ERWporta/Model/Post.php

I have xenporta installed currently, but when I enable the RecentNews block into the top of the portal things seem to mess up.. couple questions :)

1. Is there a way to cut-off the preview in the RecentNews block to only 100 characters or so? I looked for a --more-- type insert/code but did not find one.
2. When I view the full article from RecentNews (ie: click on the title to view full article), the RecentNews block puts itself at the end of the article before the comments area - is this normal?
3. Once I have these set up, i'd like to set up one of the sliders - but I've read about needing to upload slide.jpg, etc.. so that'd hopefully work out well..

Thanks

Thanks Greg!

1. Ha.. I see it - the RecentNews block options page.
2. See below - it's like the RecentNews block inserts itself after the news story and before the comments block on the actual thread page..
3. cool, thanks

xenforo.webp

Ah yes, that's strange. No idea why it does that. I've just enabled Categories and it's doing the same thing. If you go to your main XenPorta options and turn off "Article (article-# > article > portal) / Categories (articles-#slug > articles > portal)", that should make it display properly.

I'm trying to add a version of the "next" navigation button like this "Older News Stories" link
Screenshot_2.webp

with something like this
Code:
<div class="oldernews"><a href="index.php?page={$page}">Older News Stories »</a></div>
but I can't get it to recognize $page +1. I've tried
Code:
{xen:calc '$page + 1'}
but it tell me it's invalid math

any suggestions? I didn't even get to having it check if there even is a next page yet.

Greg, that was it - thanks! I also have the recentslider going.. love it.

Rob

Ah yes, that's strange. No idea why it does that. I've just enabled Categories and it's doing the same thing. If you go to your main XenPorta options and turn off "Article (article-# > article > portal) / Categories (articles-#slug > articles > portal)", that should make it display properly.

Top Bottom