[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
I actually, I guess inadvertenly, didn't select a forum for recent news. Once I did the homepage re-appeared.

I waited purposely to see if someone, particularly the author responded. Obviously no one did.

As someone else mentioned earlier in this thread discussion it may be time to go with something else as a homepage.

Hi, I am getting this error constantly after trying the Duplicate RecentNews block modification (we wanted to run two versions of the block on the same page)

ERROR BEING REPORTED BY SERVER
sticky - library/EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php:17

#0 /home/crash/public_html/library/EWRporta/Block/RecentNews1.php(17): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/crash/pub...', 17, Array)
#1 /home/crash/public_html/library/EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php(116): EWRporta_Block_RecentNews1->getModule(Array, 1)
#2 /home/crash/public_html/library/EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php(71): EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams(Array, 1)
#3 /home/crash/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml()
#4 /home/crash/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(71): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('EWRporta_ViewPu...', 'Html', Array, 'EWRporta_Portal')
#5 /home/crash/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(586): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView('EWRporta_ViewPu...', Array, 'EWRporta_Portal', NULL)
#6 /home/crash/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#7 /home/crash/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(37) "http://www.helifreak.com.au/index.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

I un-installed and removed the extra files but the error persists and is generated everytime the page is refreshed. It was working fine prior to the modification attempt. Can anyone steer me in the right direction to fix this issue. I notced that i am not the first person having this problem reading further back in the thread but i cant find a solution. All addons disabled, no difference. It almost appears if there is a rogue record causing the problem.

VERSION OF XENFORO 1.3.2 Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi everyone... We resolved the issue above by un-installing xenporta and re-installing it. We could not find the error. I hope this helps someone in future.

Hi there, So I have an issue with XenPorta. I recently changed my forum to Friendly URL's, everything is working fine, except the XenPorta Portal. It is constantly refreshing and not loading when you visit the page.

For now I have disabled it until I get it fixed. Can anyone assist me in this problem?

PS: I have set my "Index Page route" to "Members" for now and the portal works fine. But when I click on the members tab, it sends me to the portal.

I gave one of my administrators the "Manage options", "Manage add-ons", and "Manage styles, style properties, and templates" permissions, but he is unable to add categories to XenPorta. What permission is needed for this?

EDIT: It was "Manage nodes".

Last edited:
Not sure if this is totally the right place but it seems to make the most sense right now.

I am experiencing an issue with how Tags display in the "Recent Status Updates" widget on XenPorta.

Here's what I mean:
GPonYLA.png

As you can see, the tag doesn't display correctly here, while it does in the full status:
6DSsJ0Z.png

I've verified that is nothing to do with the custom UI.X based theme that the forum is running, as it still occurs on the default XenForo theme.

Any ideas what this could be?

The slider is already in your ftp server. It comes with Xenporta and some other blocks. You just have to install these ones separately if you want to one of them : ACP -> Xenporta Blocks (http://puu.sh/aifVE/d6760c6807.png) -> Install New Block -> library/EWRPorta/Block/XML/RecentFeatures.xml (for the slider)

I am having a lot of trouble figuring the category system for the news out. Someone please help. I have the block enabled, I have created the categories. How does a thread get categorized now?

Does anyone know if there is a hook/addon that will allow you to select/upload a picture (that is not apart of the thread) to display on the portal page for recent news items?
or is there a way to 'hide' a picture from everyone else seeing.

I've had an issue with my (recent feature) slider overlapping the images and text.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, to no avail.
It was working fine for a little bit, and suddenly stopped.

Err, updated the template and it was causing some conflicts.

That aside, I'm having trouble getting the recent newsx5 to work.
It worked on the default settings, but once I changed the selected nodes/categories, it wouldn't appear. :\

Last edited:
Note: As long as the following XenPorta option is enabled.
Article (article-# > article > portal)
Categories (articles-#slug > articles > portal)

I'm not sure what exactly is causing this issue. Was running on php5.3 but tried 5.4 and 5.5
Now running: PHP5.5 and MySQL 5.1.73
This problem only happens when changing promotion options. (so far as we can tell)

Code:
An exception occurred: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect arguments to mysqld_stmt_execute in /home/asgardconsortium/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 214

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 71
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 586
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/asgardconsortium/public_html/index.php at line 13

Any help solving this is appreciated

Note: As long as the following XenPorta option is enabled.
Article (article-# > article > portal)
Categories (articles-#slug > articles > portal)

I'm not sure what exactly is causing this issue. Was running on php5.3 but tried 5.4 and 5.5
Now running: PHP5.5 and MySQL 5.1.73
This problem only happens when changing promotion options. (so far as we can tell)

Code:
An exception occurred: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect arguments to mysqld_stmt_execute in /home/asgardconsortium/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 214

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 71
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 586
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/asgardconsortium/public_html/index.php at line 13

Any help solving this is appreciated
how about mysql 5.5 with mysqlnd?

how about mysql 5.5 with mysqlnd?

It's a production server.
If the problem itself is not due to the version of mysql, it will not be updated quite yet.

Edit:
So yeah, if possible we'd like to fix it without having to test out a new db server at 5.5
Production server is too active to update atm

Edit2:
So, it seems that this issue might have been solved by updating the index file. It had at some point been changed by xenporta. We restored the original file and voila!. No more errors.

Last edited:
REMOVED

EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed it. Thanks anyways!

Had an issue that was my own fault. If anyone was curious, the sticky sidebar of my style was the issue. If you have a style that offers that option, you can disable it to fix it.

Last edited:
Hello guys, I have a problem related with the XenPorta interface.

GCGLhNl.png

Does anybody knows how to fix this? I'm using Flexile XF theme version 1.3.4

Thanks! ^^

XenPorta shows incorrect numbers on forum statistics. See screenshots.

How can this be fixed?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-08-02 at 4.21.23 PM.webp
    Screen shot 2014-08-02 at 4.21.23 PM.webp
    7.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Screen shot 2014-08-02 at 4.21.04 PM.webp
    Screen shot 2014-08-02 at 4.21.04 PM.webp
    5.5 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom