[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP (sorry for all cap, but 4th attempt for help :cry:)

How do I make it so that only threads promoted from certain forums are put into article view while when threads from certain other forums are promoted they don't get put into article view.

I've tried enabling "Forum" in "Globalized Custom Layouts" and creating a custom layout for certain forums but they don't seem to have an effect.

So how then do you get rid of that annoying templates are outdated thing.
yes it works fine for 1.3.1 the only bug i see so far is the recent news thread is add this to your extra css.

you may have to change it to

depending on your style that fixes the facebook bug not poping out like it should this fix ix credited to @Russ anymore questions feel free to ask.

An exception occurred: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect arguments to mysqld_stmt_execute in /library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 214

This is never fun :(

I have found that anytime I get these errors it's a matter of actually updating (rebuilding the addon cache) Problem solved. not always though.. but most often.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP (sorry for all cap, but 4th attempt for help :cry:)

How do I make it so that only threads promoted from certain forums are put into article view while when threads from certain other forums are promoted they don't get put into article view.

I've tried enabling "Forum" in "Globalized Custom Layouts" and creating a custom layout for certain forums but they don't seem to have an effect.
Promoted threads will all have article view and that's regardless of where they are. If you want to change that, then you'll need to get dirty with PHP.

Promoted threads will all have article view and that's regardless of where they are. If you want to change that, then you'll need to get dirty with PHP.

Are you sure? Can't this be done with custom layouts? Looking at the little documentation and comments in the admin section it seems like I should be able to enable "Forum" under "Global Customized Layouts" then create layouts for specific forums based on their IDs.

I do know that when I disable:
Article (article-# > article > portal)
Categories (articles-#slug > articles > portal)
under "Global Customized Layouts" none of my promoted threads go into article view.

Once you check off "Forum" in "Globalize Custom Layouts" then you can go to "Layouts" menu and start creating custom layouts for all forums or individual forums (based on forum-id). The option to create layouts doesn't show up until you check off the option in the Xenporta Options menu.

I've tried this but it doesn't seem to be working. The only that seems to be making a difference is if I enable or disable:
under "Global Customized Layouts" which makes either all or none of my promoted threads go into article view.

Btw, another option I'm willing to accept is to have all threads in a certain forum be shown in article view while all threads in other forums not be shown in article basically not rely on promoting to put them into article view.

This should definitely be possible right?

Look... if you enable article view then any article 'promoted' will have article view - you will need to dig into PHP to change that. Yes you can have different layouts per forum (list of threads) but any thread that is promoted will have article view. Hope that is more clear and I am pretty sure I am right about this having needed to do something similar in the past - I gave up. If I'm wrong, then I'll eat my own socks.

Look... if you enable article view then any article 'promoted' will have article view - you will need to dig into PHP to change that. Yes you can have different layouts per forum (list of threads) but any thread that is promoted will have article view. Hope that is more clear and I am pretty sure I am right about this having needed to do something similar in the past - I gave up. If I'm wrong, then I'll eat my own socks.

I'm able to disable:

under "Global Customized Layouts" which makes all promoted threads not go into article view. Now I just need the different layouts per forum to work. Then I can have something close to what I'm looking for no?

I want portal tab instead of home tab.. how to change this??? I have Xf installed in community folder and I will be running splash page from the root.. I will be using Home tab to access the root folder, portal tab to access xenporta. please advise

I'm able to disable:

under "Global Customized Layouts" which makes all promoted threads not go into article view. Now I just need the different layouts per forum to work. Then I can have something close to what I'm looking for no?
I believe a different layout per forum is possible - if you mean forum view (ie, list of threads) - I dont use that feature though so others will be able to help.

Anyone know how I can go about making these changes to the RecentThreads block?

recentthreadshelp.webp

The first is getting it to work with Waindigo's Last Post Avatar addon; it will show an avatar but only the default one. The second is getting the border to look like the category strip's. The option is in Style Properties > Forum / Node List > Category Strip > Border: All, but I can't find where the code is to add it to the RecentThreads.css (I imagine that would work?). Any help would be appreciated.

try file attaching slide.jpg to your post as thumbnail .. I am using RecentFeatures block... image name is configurable via block settings. determine size of image that you want displayed in the Recent Features block and make the size of the file attachment to match

try file attaching slide.jpg to your post as thumbnail .. I am using RecentFeatures block... image name is configurable via block settings. determine size of image that you want displayed in the Recent Features block and make the size of the file attachment to match

I've tried making the slide.jpg a thumbnail, and while the attachment box does disappear, the thumbnail appears at the top of the page. Do you know how to remove that?

I've tried making the slide.jpg a thumbnail, and while the attachment box does disappear, the thumbnail appears at the top of the page. Do you know how to remove that?

the attachment is inserted at present cursor location.. you can attach it at the bottom of your post.

Add the following to your EXTRA.css template. CAUTION: Although this will remove thumbnail images from your post and the recentNews block, it also affects all areas of your website. it is best that you understand what these changes are affecting. use at your own risk!

Code:
.messageText img, .messageText iframe, .messageText object, .messageText embed {
  display: none; 
}

.bbCodeImage {
}

the attachment is inserted at present cursor location.. you can attach it at the bottom of your post.

Add the following to your EXTRA.css template. CAUTION: Although this will remove thumbnail images from your post and the recentNews block, it also affects all areas of your website. it is best that you understand what these changes are affecting. use at your own risk!

Code:
.messageText img, .messageText iframe, .messageText object, .messageText embed {
}

.bbCodeImage {
}

I've tried using that but it seems to be messing with the slider =/

Do you know if there is a documentation source for the Recent Features block?

Top Bottom