[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
What about custom portal pages based on layout ?

I had a custom additional portal page at /portal/custom/index and since upgrading I can't find them. Any idea ? Is this fonctionality removed ?
It doesn't work anymore since the upgrade.

I appreciate your hard work and effort to present to us one of the most useble and likble coding mod. thank you
I would like to know more about the widgets that are available with mod and if there is the latest threads widget?
There is a latest threads widget.

The script wont overwrite settings for existing modules.
I had custom settings in the admin templates which got reverted back to the original admin template. Also for some reason the upgrade script reset all the cache setting for the news modules and slider module. I had them turned off but were set to 1 hour after the upgrade script was ran.

I want to increase a portal sidebar width, added this to extra.css but it overlapped with the middle block:

Code:
.topLeftBlocks .section:first-child { 
width: 300px
}

Do anybody know what the right code is?

I had custom settings in the admin templates which got reverted back to the original admin template. Also for some reason the upgrade script reset all the cache setting for the news modules and slider module. I had them turned off but were set to 1 hour after the upgrade script was ran.
Admin templates in XenForo do not have nested styles. If you make changes to admin templates, they WILL be overwritten on each upgrade; this is universal for ALL XenForo modifications. Module Options however will not be overwritten.

But, you are correct that the cache setting was being overwritten. Fixed in the next version. I would not recommend turning off caching for the news module, and definitely not the slider module. Both of those scripts are extremely resource intensive.

The first post of an article is cool, but how do we edit the article replies so that it looks like normal thread replies?

I have a couple of questions
  • I have xenmedio and xencarta installed too so do I have to delete this entire folder /js/8wayrun ? I have only deleted files with xenporta name in them.
  • I am installing this add-on but it is stuck in the rebuilding cache loop. The installation just won't end. How do I resolve this? Took around 20+ minutes to install

I thought of doing that but when you do, it shows your attachment slide.jpg

also, you won't be able to add modules to the article page.
Yes, it will show slide.jpg.... the whole purpose of the article system is to make it look like a news article... which de-emphasizes comments.

If you disable article view, you can still add modules to article pages using the "forum-thread-##" layout.

please can we get the recent news module to display on the forum index page?
You can by ticking the forum option in Options then go to Layouts and add the recent news at the top of your forum layout.

Noob question: can xenPorta not create a Home breadcrumb for itself?

If my aim is to have the following setup:
www.domain.com
forums.domain.com

The www site would run xenPorta and pull data from the forums site.
But on the forums site, there wouldn't be a Home breadcrumb, and the first breadcrumb would be Forums.

Possible?

You can by ticking the forum option in Options then go to Layouts and add the recent news at the top of your forum layout.
But I want it to show on my XF forum index not the top of each forum (the standard XF community homepage)
Therefore I would have thought ticking index option in options, then adding it to layouts? The problem is it doesn't work

Top Bottom