[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
I've just installed XenPorta for the first time and I cant find any of the slider blocks. I did a search and saw they have been removed but I cant find where to download them from. Does anyone know where i can get a XenPorta or Widget Framework compatible slider from?

There's a couple of things that I'm trying to achieve with XenPorta, any help would be appreciated.

1) I would like the RecentNews block to only feature threads/content that have been promoted and are in the categories section.

2) I would like to be able to split the recent news block into 2 or 3 columns with only the thread title (as a ribbon) and my selected picture as the block. So each thread/article would be represented by a 200x150 photo with a ribbon around it with the thread title written on the ribbon.

Does anyone know if this is achievable?

Last edited:
Hey guys. This is probably super obvious but I can't seem to find it. I have xenporta all set up with RecentFeatures installed and enabled. How do I make a post show up in recentfeature though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys. This is probably super obvious but I can't seem to find it. I have xenporta all set up with RecentFeatures installed and enabled. How do I make a post show up in recentfeature though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Recent Features is for 'Promoted Threads' so you have to promote a thread and include an attatchment with an image named slide.jpg

Also have you configured the option for RecentFeature (ACP --> XenPorta --> Blocks ---> Click on RecentFeatures)

* Go to ACP --> XenPorta --> Categories ---> Click on Create New Categories

* Create the Categories you want (ie, news, articles, etc)

* Go to your layout and put the block NewsCategories where you want in the layout (sidebar recommended)

* To add a thread to a category, click on the bottom of the first post where there is a button that says Edit (not the edit button for the post) and select which category you want the thread to be in.

* Now any categories containing threads should show up on your portal page

Is there an idiots guide on how to create blocks in XenPorta 1.5+ or are there any XenPorta experts here willing to help me with putting together my portal page with a few custom blocks. All help appreciated

So I finally got xenporta and RecentFeature all set up and working correctly the only problem I run in to is in the block itself the text spacing is very strange I tried having a look at the code for the text and it didn't seem to be extra spaced out or anything so I'm not sure why this is happening. If it helps the website is http://p.ure.am/bience. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Any problem? I have Xenporta with 1.2b3 one of my sites.

The issue I specifically get when I tested it happened to be the follow error whenever I attempted to make a new thread anywhere in my forum. So sadly it is not exactly usable for me right now.

Code:
ErrorException: Argument 1 passed to EWRporta_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostSave() must be of the type array, none given, called in /var/www/test.libigot.org/htdocs/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php on line 441 and defined - library/EWRporta/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php:5

#0 /var/www/test.libigot.org/htdocs/library/EWRporta/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php(5): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Argument 1 pass...', '/var/www/test.l...', 5, Array)
#1 /var/www/test.libigot.org/htdocs/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php(441): EWRporta_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_discussionPostSave()
#2 /var/www/test.libigot.org/htdocs/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1397): XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_postSave()
#3 /var/www/test.libigot.org/htdocs/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(676): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#4 /var/www/test.libigot.org/htdocs/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(335): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread()
#5 /var/www/test.libigot.org/htdocs/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /var/www/test.libigot.org/htdocs/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}

The issue I specifically get when I tested it happened to be the follow error whenever I attempted to make a new thread anywhere in my forum. So sadly it is not exactly usable for me right now.

Code:
ErrorException: Argument 1 passed to EWRporta_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostSave() must be of the type array, none given, called in /var/www/test.libigot.org/htdocs/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php on line 441 and defined - library/EWRporta/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php:5

#0 /var/www/test.libigot.org/htdocs/library/EWRporta/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php(5): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Argument 1 pass...', '/var/www/test.l...', 5, Array)
#1 /var/www/test.libigot.org/htdocs/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php(441): EWRporta_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_discussionPostSave()
#2 /var/www/test.libigot.org/htdocs/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1397): XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_postSave()
#3 /var/www/test.libigot.org/htdocs/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(676): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#4 /var/www/test.libigot.org/htdocs/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(335): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread()
#5 /var/www/test.libigot.org/htdocs/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /var/www/test.libigot.org/htdocs/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}
What PHP version?

Top Bottom