• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Module Add-Ons)

Great th
Ok, here is the new package for RandomQuotes.

Upload the RandomQuotes directory to your data directory.(example.com/data/RandomQuotes). Then install as usual.
Great thanks, but one question where does the WCManoNegraBta.otf file go?

I spruced it up a bit, but not completely happy with it. NOTE: I cannot put author's name or piece of the text in bold.

Look at the screenshot and tell me what you think of the font?

I like the look, but can we do the quotes in a different color? Like a dark gray or black? I haven't downloaded the new zip file so I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but just wondering :)

I put the randomquotes folder in the /data directory of my forum
Imported it via the portal modules admin section.
All works good except the styling... the font is the default... where does the font go to show up like yours? And also how do I get the red quotes around it also like yours? Here is a screenshot of what mine looks like, thanks, this is a really cool mod, hope to get it working 100% :)
quotes.webp

I put the randomquotes folder in the /data directory of my forum
Imported it via the portal modules admin section.
All works good except the styling... the font is the default... where does the font go to show up like yours? And also how do I get the red quotes around it also like yours? Here is a screenshot of what mine looks like, thanks, this is a really cool mod, hope to get it working 100% :)
View attachment 7040

Check make sure the WCManoNegraBta.otf file is in your "data/RandomQuote" directory.

Check make sure the WCManoNegraBta.otf file is in your "data/RandomQuote" directory.
its in there

Code:
<div class="section">
    <div class="secondaryContent">
        <h3>Random Quote</h3>
        <div>

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">
jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
    $.get('./data/RandomQuote/quotes.txt', function(data) {
        var quotes = data.split("\@");
        var idx = Math.floor(quotes.length * Math.random());
        $('.quotes').html(quotes[idx]);
    });
});
</script>

<div class="quotes"></div>

</div>
    </div>
</div>

Im not sure the WCManoNegraBta is called out?
.quotes in css?

its in there

Code:
<div class="section">
    <div class="secondaryContent">
        <h3>Random Quote</h3>
        <div>

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">
jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
    $.get('./data/RandomQuote/quotes.txt', function(data) {
        var quotes = data.split("\@");
        var idx = Math.floor(quotes.length * Math.random());
        $('.quotes').html(quotes[idx]);
    });
});
</script>

<div class="quotes"></div>

</div>
    </div>
</div>

Im not sure the WCManoNegraBta is called out?
.quotes in css?

Ahhhh..., I packaged the wrong XML file. Try this one.

Attachments

I like the look, but can we do the quotes in a different color? Like a dark gray or black? I haven't downloaded the new zip file so I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but just wondering :)

I'd like to import the colors, this it it can change to match the theme, but can't seem to get it to work. Maybe Jaxel can give me a pointer on this.

For example, I've tried :
Code:
color: @primaryMedium;

But doesn't seem to work.

I meant the quotation marks themselves, but yes the actual text color would be great to be able to change as well. Hopefully Jaxel has some suggestions. :)

Since there is no response in the TaigaChat thread I might aswell ask here. Anyone managed to get TaigaChat to work in xenporta?
Or would anyone be willing to make a module to make it work?

Ok, here is the new package for RandomQuotes.

Upload the RandomQuotes directory to your data directory.(example.com/data/RandomQuotes). Then install as usual.

EDIT: updated package.

It would be great if you could make this for the regular forum sidebar as well Xarcell. :)

Just curious, the Wordpress Proxy mod is very cool, and adds the blog tab. How hard would it be to make a module that shows the 3 latest posts from the blog in the recent news module? (or a brand new module)

Top Bottom