[8WR] XenHabla (IRC)

[8WR] XenHabla (IRC) 1.0.8

No permission to download
I cant seem to make the password box go away using mibbit. Have tried every configuration I could. still end up with "enter nickname: and below that "password"
this is going to just scare people away, figuring they dont have a password and its asking for one.

Any ideas?

Hi,
I have installed it but the flash version ask me to install flashpolicy, so I have done it and have it running on my server, but the chat still gives me the same error about flashpolicy.

How can I solve this? This is my xml file from my flashpolicyd:

HTML:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM "/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd">
<cross-domain-policy>
<site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="master-only"/>
<allow-access-from domain="*" to-ports="843" />
</cross-domain-policy>

I have tried like this too:
HTML:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM "/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd">
<cross-domain-policy>
<site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="master-only"/>
<allow-access-from domain="ustream.geekshed.net" to-ports="843" />
</cross-domain-policy>

When I try to test my flashpolicyd server with:
./check_flashpolicyd.rb --host ustream.geekshed.com
I ghet the following:
CRITICAL: Unexpeced exception: Connection refused - connect(2)

Any advice?

Is there a setting to remvoe the show/hide stream button? We want to use this more for a chatroom than a live stream dicussion and dont want to confuse our users.

I've just installed this on our main site and we're ready to go live but for some reason it's not working.

On my test site I have:

Screen Shot 2012-04-06 at 07.14.24.webp

but on my live site I have:

Screen Shot 2012-04-06 at 07.14.33.webp

This is using the "LightIRC (lightIRC Flash)" option and I don't have a clue why it's happening.

I've reuploaded the files and reinstalled the addon but with no success.

The only difference between the two is that the working one is version 1.0.7 and the broken one is 1.0.8.

Uninstalling 1.0.8 and installing 1.0.7 does't fix the issue.

Also the "popup" window works fine, which is really confusing as it suggests all the settings, javascript, etc are ok.

Edit: the popup window doesn't work fine. I at least get the login box for lightirc but it won't connect to the server (ustream.geekshed.net)

My error logs show:
XenForo_Exception: Invalid model 'EWRhabla_Model_Chat' specified - library/XenForo/Model.php:192

Any way you would be willing to share the style sheet from 8wayrun for the IRC?

Also i'm using the neptune geekshed server and about 50% of the time it gives me the irc daemon flash policy error. But only 50%... How can this be the case?

EDIT: For some reason when i connect over a MIFI router is the only time i get this issue. Bizarre.

I tried the demo on your site and omg that text was small.

I have a 32" TV for a monitor and even at 150% zoom the text was small... Site was larger than life, but chat almost impossible to read even close up.

i too have the flash policy running on my server as per the instuctions here:

http://redmine.lightirc.com/projects/lightirc/wiki/Flash_Policy_setup_instructions

but there are no instruction as to what parameters to pass to the actual xenhabla plugin, and where to set up the proper ports (i.e. 8002 as per the link above). ive tried changing the server port, passing the parameter params.policyPort=8002 and policyPort=8002 in the field provided for it, with no luck.

Is there a setting to remvoe the show/hide stream button? We want to use this more for a chatroom than a live stream dicussion and dont want to confuse our users.

i have a feeling that if you search for the xenhabla templates (in the xenforo admin panel) you could probably remove it.

Found a bug and came up with a fix. The nature of the problem is described in the comments. This manifests as the chat block in XenPorta not showing up when the channel has one user online.

EWRhabla_Model_Chat

Remove the red, add the blue:

Rich (BB code):
	public function fetchGeekShed($channels)
	{
		$users = array();

foreach ($channels AS $channel)
		{
			if (!$feed = $this->getClientTable('http://www.geekshed.net/usertable.php?chan='.rawurlencode($channel)))
			{
				return false;
			}

try
			{
				$feed = $this->getModelFromCache('EWRhabla_Model_Xml2Array')->xml2array($feed);
			}
			catch (Exception $e)
			{
				return false;
			}

if (!empty($feed['userlist']['user']['0']))
			{
				// CODE FIX.
				// I FOUND THAT WITH ONLY ONE USER ONLINE THE 'user' INDEX _IS_
				// THAT ONE USER, INSTEAD OF 'user' BEING AN ARRAY OF USERS.
				if (empty($feed['userlist']['user'][0]))
				{
					$usertmp = $feed['userlist']['user'];
					$feed['userlist']['user'] = array();
					$feed['userlist']['user'][] = $usertmp;
				}

$nicks = array();
				foreach ($feed['userlist']['user'] AS $key => $user)
				{
					$nicks[$key] = $user['nick'];
				}
				natcasesort($nicks);

$users[$channel]['users'] = array();
				foreach ($nicks AS $key => $user)
				{

Is it possible to make it work irc.mibbit.net ???
Please advise

mibbit IRC comes up everytime .. geekshed seems to ALWAYS experience flash daemon policy problems.. too much hassle IMHO

Hey thx for a nice plugin.

A request, make it possible to "lock" the chat so its only certain groups there have access to the chat, and make so i can use my xenforo username as a username in the chat, instead of guest-%nr

Is qwebirc compatible with geekshed? I'd like to move away from flash but I kind of like geekshed.

Hello, possible to create a chanel for all my website ? (5 websites / 1 chanel irc) :)

Top Bottom