• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenHabla (IRC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI Jaxel,

Got this message when testing the chat on your site..

[19:11:44] Flash policy problem. If you are the server owner, please read www.lightirc.com/faq.html#security. You need to install a flash policy daemon at irc.geekshed.net (port 843).
There are dozens of servers in the geekshed network... when you get this error, find out which server on the network you are trying to connect to. Ideally, every server should have the policy daemon set up, but occasionally one doesnt. Find out which server, and then we can inform GeekShed of this.

There are dozens of servers in the geekshed network... when you get this error, find out which server on the network you are trying to connect to. Ideally, every server should have the policy daemon set up, but occasionally one doesnt. Find out which server, and then we can inform GeekShed of this.
Ahh load balancers, ok I will keep that in mind for next time I see that and report the issue to Geekshed. Setting up xenhabla as we speak, will be donating if i decide to keep it, another awsome add-on Jaxel, well done!

hmm space bar don't seem to work on IRC or Streaming chat lol any reason? anyone else got this problem?

Thanks

Edit =
Seems to be on chrome only ><

My username on IRC is not the same as my forum name (as the name is taken on IRC).

I wanted it to either give me the option to input my IRC nick when logging in or to let me change it once and then remember it.

I'm not sue if I'm doing something wrong but I thought that from this: http://redmine.lightirc.com/projects/lightirc/wiki/Customization_parameters

I could use: rememberNickname false Stores a selected/changed nickname in a local cookie and uses it everytime the user comes back.

But it doesn't seem to remember that I changed my nick and always logs me on with my forum name. Any ideas?

Erm not sure what's happened but I seem to have bugged out with the above post. My paragraph breaks got removed for some reason but when I got to edit it I don't get an edit box... Screen shot 2011-03-09 at 18.04.06.webp

I can click on more options and edit the post but it doesn't show up in the inline editor...

I get that on my system also every now and then .. I simply reload the chat window and everything appears to start up as expected.

Hi Masterchief, yep i did the same and it worked. But what Jaxel is saying i believe is that these servers work like load balancers. So if the daemon is not installed on one of the servers we need to report this to geekshed so they can rectify the issue :)

Hi Jaxel,

Ive been trying to figure it out myself but no luck. I cant see to get the 'show stream' button to show. I have the latest medio, events, porta and habla versions. This is also on a local windows server as I wanted to test this feature out before I deploy on production. The chat works, everything else works as per normal. All settings are basically default but all is working as it should. I thought it may be permissions but there is no permissions for XenHabla as far as I can tell, what am I doing wrong? thanks mate

try going to http://yourdomain.com/stream/ to verify that you have everything set up correctly. If it does not work its is usually because you have incorrct URL for the channel you are trying to broadcast.
This is the Livestream URL configured in XenAtendo
Hi Masterchief, thanks.

/stream gives a 404 and re-directs back to the forums. I havent actually changed the setting in XenAtendo thinking the default string would at least show something?

ATM livestream URL setting points to ;
Code:
http://a:4:{s:12:"event_stream";s:37:"www.ustream.tv/channel/8wayrun";s:10:"service_id";i:1;s:13:"service_value";s:7:"8wayrun";s:14:"service_value2";i:1121923;}

Which is the default, should this work just how it is? even if it is 8wayruns channel? Thanks

Damn, that was easy. I didnt want to edit it because it looked complicated and necessary lol, thanks Jaxel
Yeah, as it turns out, when you install a mod, it runs the verifyOption routine on all your default values. So because of it, it warped my default value. I thought the default value had to be the final outcome, but as it turns out, it only had to be the initial setting. I fixed it for the next release.

Hi Jaxel,

I cant figure this out. I can get my stream working perfectly on local/dev, shows a little image when offline like your site and streams work both from mobile and PC. On my actual website though its a different story. Basically like a blank screen

But you can see for yourself @ http://mmazone.com.au/community/stream/ or even clicking the chat. Settings are 100% identical to my dev which works fine... any ideas what could be wrong? Im stumped, thanks

XenAtendo Settings
atendo.webp

XenHabla Settings
habla.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom