• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No... you are incorrect. It would be the standard address protocol used worldwide, being:

Venue
Address
City, State, Zip

Venue: Hisense Arena
Address: Melbourne Park Precinct, Batman Avenue
CSZ: Melbourne, Vic, 3000

The address is the physical street address.

Really? Oh Okay.

Installed this on RC1 and it won't allow me to post a new event in the thread. Says I don't have permission.

Installed this on RC1 and it won't allow me to post a new event in the thread. Says I don't have permission.
Then give yourself permission. You are the admin right?

You must have permission to post events... to post events.
You must have permission to post on the specific forum... to post threads...

To post an EVENT THREAD, you need to have BOTH permissions.

I am just about to get RC1 on the go and then I'll get the 1.3 installed on my site and let you know how I get on. So far it's looking pretty ace though!! Yet again, thanks for the continued work Jaxel.

Then give yourself permission. You are the admin right?

You must have permission to post events... to post events.
You must have permission to post on the specific forum... to post threads...

To post an EVENT THREAD, you need to have BOTH permissions.

Thanks - didn't think to look in the user groups!

Hi Jaxel,

Thank you very much for this add-on :)

We run a kinship website for Lord of the Rings Online and currently use the calendar/RSVP system on vb for weekly raid attendances.

I've just installed your event system on our test board and have a couple of questions.

When posting a weekly recurring event is it possible to start a new thread for each week?

Also when responding (for example) yes to week 1 raid and then no to week 2 it changes week 1 to no too. (I hope I'm making sense here). Is there a way for people to sign up with different criteria each week as people can attend one week but maybe not the next or would this event have to be entered manually each week?

As these events all take place online we don't have a use for the map so is there a way to turn this off?

Regards,
Renada

Sorry to bump this Jaxel, could you help me with any of these questions please :)

Regards,
Renada

Hi Jaxel,

Thank you very much for this add-on :)

We run a kinship website for Lord of the Rings Online and currently use the calendar/RSVP system on vb for weekly raid attendances.

I've just installed your event system on our test board and have a couple of questions.

When posting a weekly recurring event is it possible to start a new thread for each week?

Also when responding (for example) yes to week 1 raid and then no to week 2 it changes week 1 to no too. (I hope I'm making sense here). Is there a way for people to sign up with different criteria each week as people can attend one week but maybe not the next or would this event have to be entered manually each week?

As these events all take place online we don't have a use for the map so is there a way to turn this off?

Regards,
Renada
The recurring option is actually just an emulation. It doesn't create additional versions of events until the event passes. If you wanted a physical version of an event, you'll have to add each one manually.

There is no way to turn the map off at the moment. I'm still unsure what to put in that area, if the map is disabled...

The recurring option is actually just an emulation. It doesn't create additional versions of events until the event passes. If you wanted a physical version of an event, you'll have to add each one manually.

Ok thanks Jaxel :)

There is no way to turn the map off at the moment. I'm still unsure what to put in that area, if the map is disabled...

Maybe upload an image or something like that?

Many thanks for these add-ons :)

Regards,
Renada

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events) v1.2.3 CHANGELOG
  • added support for multiple event forums (you will need to recheck your settings).
    • users will be given an option to select which forum to add their event to.
    • the correct forum will automatically be selected based on their location of origin.
    • forums will display only the events from that forum on their forum display.

Hi Jaxel, sorry I've not been around for a while as I've been busy running a mate's business whilst he's been on holiday, but I've certainly not forgotten about this add-on. :)

This looks an interesting option, but since upgrading I don't seem to be able to post a new event, I am just getting this server error.

Server Error.webp

Any idea what I am doing wrong? :confused:

Also, I am puzzled as to how to select different forums for events, in the adminCP it says ‘separate by a comma’, but I can’t see how to do that.

I managed to select 3 forums that were all in order by holding down the shift key, but how would I select forums that aren’t in order, e.g. on this list – ‘leisure & entertainment’ plus ‘pubs, clubs, music & performing arts’?

Event forums.webp

Hi Jaxel, sorry I've not been around for a while as I've been busy running a mate's business whilst he's been on holiday, but I've certainly not forgotten about this add-on.
smile.png

This looks an interesting option, but since upgrading I don't seem to be able to post a new event, I am just getting this server error.

View attachment 9877

Any idea what I am doing wrong?
confused.png

Also, I am puzzled as to how to select different forums for events, in the adminCP it says ‘separate by a comma’, but I can’t see how to do that.

I managed to select 3 forums that were all in order by holding down the shift key, but how would I select forums that aren’t in order, e.g. on this list – ‘leisure & entertainment’ plus ‘pubs, clubs, music & performing arts’?

View attachment 9878
Run the following command on your database:
Code:
ALTER TABLE `EWRatendo_events` DROP INDEX `thread_id`

For your next question... use CTRL + CLICK.

Okay... here is an event with no address...
http://www.8wayrun.com/events/test-event.50/

Venue will still be required. But a venue can be anything, if its something on TV, then the venue could be FOX NY or something... If its a video game release, well releases usually aren't worldwide, so you can put "North America", "Japan" or "Europe". You can even put "Worldwide" if you want.

Still haven't got round to putting 1.2.3 up and will do my best to get it updated on my site tonight. I'm sure it's gonna be a wicked update but any problems (if there are any) will be put up as soon as I see them!!

I have now got 1.2.3 running on the RC1 and it works fine so far!! When you upgrade just make sure you go into the Options and select the forum again for the events, otherwise it ain't gonna show the threads with the event layout!! Top notch work yet again =]

Okay... here is an event with no address...
http://www.8wayrun.com/events/test-event.50/

Venue will still be required. But a venue can be anything, if its something on TV, then the venue could be FOX NY or something... If its a video game release, well releases usually aren't worldwide, so you can put "North America", "Japan" or "Europe". You can even put "Worldwide" if you want.

Is this available in the download now Jaxel or something you're adding to the next upgrade?

Hi Jaxel,

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or whether this is a bug.

If I post a recurring event, select "Yes" and write a comment in the box - i.e. Yes I can be there - it shows up in the thread. If I select "No" or "Maybe" and write a comment in the box - i.e. Sorry can't make this one, will be there next week - the comment doesn't show up in the thread.

Regards,
Renada :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom