2 minor suggestions for the Whats New button, please.

Dean

in memoriam
Could you please swap the Whats New & Mark All forums read buttons in the Forums tab?

XenForo Community_1281238155771.webp

Could you please put a Whats New button just to the right of Watched Thread in this picture? Every time I click on Watched topics this page shows up, and it takes time to get to the Whats New through the Forums tab the way it is now. Please?

Latest Alerts - XenForo Community_1281238143029.webp

Upvote 0
I really like it the old way and got really used to it... now I keep doing the same thing and Clicking Watched Threads... Though it is less annoying than clicking Mark all forums read like I was doing before so lets keep it as it is, we will get used to it...

Yes, please. I find that when browsing the forum, my cursor is generally somewhere in the middle of the screen... not on the far left. IMO, "What's New" should be as close as possible to the middle of the navigation menu, and making it the third (i.e. last) link will achieve that.

Isn't that where they started before people moaned?

I think it was before they added the confirmation dialog though.

Yes, please. I find that when browsing the forum, my cursor is generally somewhere in the middle of the screen... not on the far left. IMO, "What's New" should be as close as possible to the middle of the navigation menu, and putting it on the far right in this case will achieve that.

I think it was before they added the confirmation dialog though.

I remember the request to make the make it more difficult to Mark All Forums read because it was too easy to do, and I suggested a confirmation box (which apparently not everyone likes), but I do not remember the request to make the Mark All Forums read easier to click on than the Whats New button (as you noted). Does anyone have any links?

Has adding the Whats New to the second picture been requested before? I've communicated with a few people that thought it was a good idea to speed up forum navigation.

I remember the request to make the make it more difficult to Mark All Forums read because it was too easy to do, and I suggested a confirmation box (which apparently not everyone likes), but I do not remember the request to make the Mark All Forums read easier to click on than the Whats New button (as you noted). Does anyone have any links?

Has adding the Whats New to the second picture been requested before? I've communicated with a few people that thought it was a good idea to speed up forum navigation.

Some people said that the What's New button needed to be moved since it was unintentionally being clicked quite often. I guess the devs felt moving it to the right would put it out of the way, but IMO, such is not the case.

Looking back at my mockup regarding the gradient change thread I created it was on the far right.

Attachments

• navbar_gradient_mockup.webp
    navbar_gradient_mockup.webp
    13.9 KB · Views: 19
Looking back at my mockup regarding the gradient change thread I created it was on the far right.

Looks great. Except the Whats New (in my experience) is used more often that the Watched Threads, and button towards the center of the screen are easier to get to.

So I was suggesting "Mark Forums Read" - "Watched Threads" - "Whats New" ordering.

In addition, if we could get the "Whats New" added to the right in the 2nd picture, would be more consistent.

Yes, please. I find that when browsing the forum, my cursor is generally somewhere in the middle of the screen... not on the far left. IMO, "What's New" should be as close as possible to the middle of the navigation menu, and putting it on the far right in this case will achieve that.
thank you THANK YOU!

praying.gif

I suspect it will be impossible to reach consensus on the order of the navbar items.

Personally I like it as it is now as I use fixed width so they're not over to the far left.

I suspect it will be impossible to reach consensus on the order of the navbar items.

Personally I like it as it is now as I use fixed width so they're not over to the far left.

I would use fixed width, if the Watched Threads did not have all the options showing on the left hand side, but that is another topic.

Isn't that where they started before people moaned?

Yeah most of us already got used to the change, i say we keep it the way it is. As for the What's New in the accounts i don't think it belongs there as it's just duplicate links. That doesn't mean you can't change it when you get the software yourself.

Top Bottom