Implemented 1.4 Help Pages assign to AddOn

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Definitely should be done. It's such a pain to do now, especially since it uses phrases that contain the auto increment field.

The custom help pages system isn't really useful to an add-on developer, because you've always been able to do custom help pages.

There's nothing to stop you from extending the Help controller with a new action, template, phrases etc. then you have full control over everything.

^ That.

My help pages add-on consists of a very basic ControllerPublic\Help.php consisting of less than 30 lines, and a Listener.php of less than 10.

The custom help pages system isn't really useful to an add-on developer, because you've always been able to do custom help pages.

There's nothing to stop you from extending the Help controller with a new action, template, phrases etc. then you have full control over everything.

Not sure why I didn't think of that.. We just added a help page to the AD Credits add-on beta, will have to change it for the next beta to do that.

My help pages add-on consists of a very basic ControllerPublic\Help.php consisting of less than 30 lines, and a Listener.php of less than 10.

No problem, sure. But it can be easier with assigning it to an addon. Nearly all can be assigned to an addon, why not Help Pages?

^ That.

Sorry to bump an old thread @Brogan, but I've been looking for the add-on you're referring to but can't find it. Is it somewhere in the resources section on here? I'm trying to add custom help pages for an addon and this sounds like it would help.

It's not something I ever released.

As it was just for my own use, it has a lot of stuff hard coded.

Top Bottom