1.2 styling related questions

jadmperry

My editor icons arnt showing up correctly!
Your location may be pointing to the wrong place, probably styles/*YOUR STYLE*/xenforo/editor/icons.png either update or copy the new location: styles/default/xenforo/editor/icons.png

If you have this problem, you'll probably need to update styles/*YOUR STYLE*/xenforo/xenforo-ui-sprite.png as well.

More on this, please!!! I am having a hard time finding where this is in my style.

One place I am looking shows several tabs:
  • editor_contents.css
  • editor_js_setup
  • editor_ui.css
  • form.css

Okay, to help anyone who is having the problems I was with the editor icons, I sorted it out:

I went to the Style Properties: Rich Text Editor (as shown in the graphic, above, by @Azhria Lilu )...there, I originally found a path that stated something like @imagepath/[and then the rest of the path].

So, I tried to input the path that Slavik graciously and awesomely suggested after that....but, no joy. So, after trying a few different paths, I just overwrote the entire path with this: styles/default/xenforo/editor/icons.png

And, presto, magico, it worked perfectly. I didn't mess around with the sprites thingy (so far, seems no problem...that just might be me).

End state: Editor is working perfectly...Thanks everyone for your help!!!

So, I tried to input the path that Slavik graciously and awesomely suggested after that....but, no joy. So, after trying a few different paths, I just overwrote the entire path with this: styles/default/xenforo/editor/icons.png

FWIW, on the fresh install of 1.2 (not an upgrade) the url to the images in that particular SP is @imagePath/xenforo/editor/icons.png?redactor

And, presto, magico, it worked perfectly. I didn't mess around with the sprites thingy (so far, seems no problem...that just might be me).

That is the default style directory though.

For anyone who has a custom style they should be using their own style directory, which means the icons from the default style directory will need to be copied to the custom style directory.

If the icons are already customised then the changes will have to be merged.

Next up, now when I click on a member's username, the pop-up is now dark grey, with black lettering (rendering it near-impossible to read). Do the people think this is just something that needs to be addressed in the particular style property (and, if anyone knows, where is that found), or is this some type of global css something or other)?

Next up, now when I click on a member's username, the pop-up is now dark grey, with black lettering (rendering it near-impossible to read). Do the people think this is just something that needs to be addressed in the particular style property (and, if anyone knows, where is that found), or is this some type of global css something or other)?

It'll be the colours for your custom style. If you want to share a link I'm sure one or two of us will drop by and have a look :D

That is the default style directory though.

For anyone who has a custom style they should be using their own style directory, which means the icons from the default style directory will need to be copied to the custom style directory.

If the icons are already customised then the changes will have to be merged.

Hmmm...I have a custom style, but I did not have to copy anything....maybe the style used the default files or images, or whatever). But, I may also be not understanding the issue.

Okay.. so this.. are you referring to the membercard? If so, 1.2 uses CSS instead of images.

Top Bottom