Resource icon

Unmaintained [oxy] Gamer 1.1b

No permission to download
I originally had this as a sort of tutorial here. I made this easier for people who are uncomfortable with modifying the templates, it's now an add-on.

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Download and Unzip contents
  2. Upload contents to your forum install
  3. Go to your admincp and install the addon-oxyGamer.xml file
  4. Go to admincp->users->custom user fields
Create custom user fields for xbox, psn, and steam
Fill it out like this
Screen Shot 2013-09-02 at 11.00.26 PM.webp

I highly suggest finding the username character limits for each console and limiting the chracters in the "Options for text fields" tab.
5. After creating the custom fields take the Field IDs for each console and update them custom field options in admincp->options->[oxy] Gamer
Screen Shot 2013-09-02 at 11.03.24 PM.webp
Screen Shot 2013-09-02 at 11.03.32 PM.webp
Screen Shot 2013-09-02 at 11.03.37 PM.webp

6. GO TO admincp->appearances->styles->(your style)->Message Elements. Enable this by checking it "Show custom user fields"
Save

VOILA you have oxyGamer installed

-CHANGE IMAGES-
Upload your images to a folder or styles/OXY/Gamer
Open up admincp->appearances->templates-> oxy_gamer_games.css
FIND .psn or .xbox or .steam and replace the background url for each one.
Contact me if you're confused.​
OPTIONS
You can allow pop outs if you'd like
You can disable individual game icons
Screen Shot 2013-09-02 at 10.35.08 PM.webp

WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE
Look at the bottom of the post bit. Right now there is a black icon set, but I plan to make different colors and options in the future.
ROCKSTAR is the first icon and not an option in the pack. You will have to do some template edits to add it yourself.

Screen Shot 2013-09-02 at 10.52.45 PM.webp

I'll also have them installed on my sites
www.GameFreeze.net
www.GTAVCrews.com
www.reddead.us
FUTURE UPDATES
This add-on will be my entire Gamer related add-on. In the future this may not just be a regular icon/profile link add-on. I have plans to add in some avatar/signature related items and more stats.

I own a number of gaming related sites and forums. I will always be looking for ways to improve my members' experiences. As of now I am pleased with this add-on in its' basic form.

I will consider adding more game consoles, websites, or networks if there is enough demand.

If you need something immediately I am available to add options and abilities for a small fee. I normally don't ask for money, but this will likely be a pay what you feel its' worth/or can afford.
TROUBLESHOOTING
The most common reason this add-on will not work is because of a custom style that messed with the template hooks, or because you didn't enter the custom user field IDs correctly.

MAKE SURE "show custom user fields" is enabled by going to
admincp->appearances->styles->(your style)->Message Elements
Enable by checking "Show custom user fields"

MAKE SURE your admincp->users->custom user fields xbox, psn, and steam FIELD IDS match up tp admincp->options->[oxy] Gamer Field IDs!

Try viewing your forum in another style, if nothing is showing. Sometimes it's a theme conflict. I can help you fix it, or you can do me a favor and report it to your designer.

GAME CARDS DONT WORK!
XBOX gamecard doesn't completely work! You might be viewing from firefox which will not display it correctly. It won't even display it properly if you visit XBOX Live website! There's no fix other than using a 3rd party xbox card site.
Screen Shot 2013-09-02 at 11.33.31 PM.webp

STEAM error/no show - Steam only allows so many requests per hour. You will get random errors unless you an approved developer.

PSN Card not showing! For some reason Sony decided to do anti-bot images and you can't always get the PSN images to show via pop-up :\
If these are all an issue and you'd like to implement a 3rd party gamecard service, then please feel free to update the templates to your needs. I can help guide you.
SUPPORT
I lurk here almost daily. You can just reply to this resource or write on my wall. If I'm not responding it's probably because I'm without internet, REALLY BUSY, or on vacation. Either way I try my best to support my add-ons.
SUPPORT OR DONATE FOR MORE OR FASTER UPDATES!
If you don't see something here you'd like I'm always open to donations. These donations place me on a mini guilt trip and I spend all hours of day and night working to push out a product.

Donations are cycled back into my hobby sites which fuels any passion I have for developing add-ons.

I also love "likes" and "reviews".

If you can't send money, then I'm fine with add-ons, steam games, gift cards *I'm addicted to starbucks*, or services. I'm not a stranger to bartering! I'm also grateful for activity *any forum owner is!* so signing up on any of my sites and posting a little bit is genuinely appreciated. *see my signature for a list of current sites*
btn_donateCC_LG.gif

Screen Shot 2013-09-02 at 11.33.26 PM.webp Screen Shot 2013-09-02 at 11.33.31 PM.webp Screen Shot 2013-09-02 at 10.35.08 PM.webp Screen Shot 2013-09-02 at 10.52.45 PM.webp Screen Shot 2013-09-02 at 11.00.26 PM.webp Screen Shot 2013-09-02 at 11.03.24 PM.webp Screen Shot 2013-09-02 at 11.03.32 PM.webp Screen Shot 2013-09-02 at 11.03.37 PM.webp Screen Shot 2013-09-02 at 11.09.59 PM.webp
Author
0xym0r0n
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More resources from 0xym0r0n

Latest updates

1. Wrong style folders...

Style issue fix Thanks to code monkey!