Mark Thread as Read

Unmaintained Mark Thread as Read v1.2.1

No permission to download
Compatible XF 1.x versions
  1. 1.2
  2. 1.3
  3. 1.4
A 'Mark as Read' link will appear when hovering a thread (in the same manner as the page navigation links) on the forum list, watched threads, unread threads and the recent threads pages.

Click the link and the thread will be marked as read without you needing to open it.

Those with permission to do inline moderation can as an alternative select threads and choose 'Mark Threads as Read' using the inline moderation pop-up.

This add-on use the Template Modification System and will only work on XenForo 1.2.x or higher.
Tested on XenForo 1.2.3

(See v1.0.0 for compatibility with XF 1.0.x)
(See v1.1.0 for compatibility with XF 1.1.x)

Installation includes 2 steps.
Copy files and install add-on.
See intructions in the zip package.

markthreadread_inlinemod.webp markthreadread_hoover.webp
Author
skhms
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 7 ratings

More resources from skhms

Latest updates

1. Version 1.2.1

This is a very small update that just removes an unused file in the package that ended up there...
  2. Mark Thread as Read updated for XenForo 1.2.x

This add-on is now using the Template Modification System in XenForo 1.2.x. So no more manual...

Latest reviews

I'm embarrassed to say, but it took me two years of using XF to realize you couldn't mark threads as read without reading them first (not something I personally ever used). It took someone asking about it before I realized it wasn't there. Thanks!
Very handy little addon. Appears to work fine on 1.3
Love this plugin; but as a feature suggestion, perhaps making a button to mark the entire forum node as read. Still, a must have.
Love it! Such a useful tool :)
Must have addon. +CORE.
Finally I don't have to click into a thread to do this, great add-on.
A must have add-on! Great work!
Top Bottom