Kotomi - Generic script bridge

Unmaintained Kotomi - Generic script bridge 0.0.1

No permission to download
This is mainly intended for developer use. It lets you embed a non-XenForo/non-MVC script (just about any PHP script should work) into the XenForo page and use XenForo functions such as permissions while still accessing the script from a standard URL (the XenForo route system is pretty much disregarded).

So using this addon you can do a very basic integration of pretty much anything into XenForo - be it a blog, gallery, store, standalone script, etc. Probably even vBulletin if you wanted :p

This example shows the header (top block of code) and footer (bottom line) you need to add to your existing script:

PHP:
<?php

$startTime = microtime(true);
$kotomi_indexFile = "./";
$kotomi_container = true;
$fileDir = dirname(__FILE__)."/{$kotomi_indexFile}";
require "{$fileDir}/library/Dark/Kotomi/KotomiHeader.php";

echo "
<html>
<head>
<title>kotomi test</title>
</head>
<body>
Hello world!
</body>
</html>";

require "{$fileDir}/library/Dark/Kotomi/KotomiFooter.php";

$kotomi_indexFile should be updated to the relative directory where XenForo's index.php can be found.
$kotomi_container can be set to false for a raw integration (still passes through XenForo's framework etc, just without any XenForo HTML/CSS/templates being applied).

The example gives the following output:

l7xj.png

(Notice how the URL is a real PHP script without routes being involved at all; it could be in a completely different directory if you wanted.)

Navigation/breadcrumbs unfortunately need to be added and configured manually.
Also removing the title text from within the page itself is as simple as editing the dark_kotomi template to your liking.
Author
Luke F
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 9 ratings

More resources from Luke F

Latest reviews

This is a must for sites with custom external pages that you wish to integrate into a forum. The only way it would be better is to have forms to fill out within the options area.
Most worthwhile addon I think I've downloaded so far. Let me take my site to the next level. 10/10 would download again twice. Lets me make all the pages!
Makes things a lot easier for me <3
Love it :D
Great add-on. Very useful since I can now include everything I need to :)
This was excellent for getting a new page onto my site, with limited time (and the lack of Xenforo modding knowledge) to do so.
If you have a need to quickly paste in some php code to make a page, this addon is for you. For those who can't code but have a working script or snippet they want to add, using this would be called 'the easy way'.
D
amazing plugin for thos who can't make addons
Very good way of creating a forum-branded page on which you can do anything, including using the INCLUDE command in PHP to include your own script.
Top Bottom