Resource icon

Unmaintained DamnComputer - Staff Room Unread 1.0.0b1

No permission to download
Staff Room Unread

This modification has come about because it was asked in this thread how to do it. I thought it was a good idea and so wrote a small addon to acheive it.

What it does?

It simply shows the current count of your staff room within your moderator bar at the top of the page, similar to how it shows reports etc as per image below.

staffunread.webp

To install

1. Upload the library folder to you forum root
  2. Install the addon file through your admincp
  3. Go to options>Staff Room Unread Settings and set up the ID of the forum you would like to show.
Limitations
As this was a quick modification it only currently allows 1 forum. However I do think this is a good idea and will possibly develop it further in the future to support more than one.
Author
Marc
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

4.25 star(s) 4 ratings

More resources from Marc

Latest reviews

Possibility to set up several forum ID's to show notifcations. We have several staff forums which are important.
Just amazing. It increase the work and if you have no contact with skype or telephone with your team, it is just a sure way to get them read what you want.
Been using this for a long time. I forgot to rate it. Work beautifully and staff actually use it :)
I had some staff complain when I moved to a new site, and didn't install this!
This seems like a good idea. Lets see if it draws staff's attention a little bit better.
Top Bottom