Control "nofollow" URLs

Control "nofollow" URLs 2.2.3

No permission to download
This add-on is not affiliated with XenForo Ltd.

Thank you so much for donating. It is always appreciated!

If you have the old version of my add-on installed that functions in a similar way, please first uninstall that before installing this one.

This add-on allows you to choose usergroups which will no longer have the "nofollow" attribute set on URLs. You can choose the usergroups in Admin CP > Options > Search Engine Optimization (SEO).

What is "nofollow" and why is it set?

A normal URL in HTML looks like this:
Code:
<a href="http://xenforo.com">XenForo - Compelling Community Forum Software</a>
If this HTML code is in your page, when Google or other search engines crawl your page, they will follow this URL. This is how your search rank improves - being linked to by reputable sites.

This makes posting URLs on your site very attractive to spammers. That's why XenForo does this to URLs in all signatures plus any posts by non-moderator / non-admin members:
Rich (BB code):
<a href="http://xenforo.com" rel="nofollow">XenForo - Compelling Community Forum Software</a>
"nofollow" tells a search engine to not follow the URL, therefore not increasing the search rank of that URL.

So why this add-on?

This add-on allows you to specify other usergroups (aside from Administrator and Moderator) who don't have "nofollow" set on URLs they post.

You may have privileged usergroups either by Promotion or Upgrade such as trusted members, other staff members/contributors, featured bloggers, partners who you may want to grant this privilege to.

HOW TO INSTALL
The easiest way to install this add-on is if you use the Add-On Installer.

Alternatively:
  1. Download the zip file.
  2. Extract its contents to your hard drive.
  3. Upload the contents of the upload folder to the root of your XenForo installation.
  4. Complete install via the Admin CP using the provided XML file.
Author
Chris D
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 8 ratings

More resources from Chris D

Latest updates

1. Resolves fatal non-object error

Resolves a potential fatal error.
  2. Re-implements control of nofollow URLs in signatures...

That was quick...
  3. No longer supports changing "nofollow" in signatures

Recently a performance issue was reported related to the removal of nofollow from signatures...

Latest reviews

Just what I needed to allow sponsors to have 'sponsored' links without the nofollow tag, great mod, thank you for sharing!
Thanks for the addon works in XenForo 1.5.1 and so I wanted to have my Forum Links with DoFollow. The addon served its full purpose and I like it. Very useful and easy to use.
Great addon - very easy to use.
Thank you it works great in 1.2.4
Great add on, 10 minutes after i entered a request for the resource manager, there was an update. How about that?:)
Great mod for our top members!!
it must have! +1
Excellent add-on! Great for premium memberships :)
Top Bottom