Unmaintained AssociationMc Version 1.0.2

No permission to download
Compatible XF 1.x versions
  1. 1.3
  2. 1.4
  3. 1.5
License
https://github.com/lol768/XenForo-MCASSOC/blob/master/LICENSE
Important information about username changes and how you can handle them.

Minecraft association addon for XenForo. Uses the awesome MCAssoc service by lukegb.

Features
  • Displays Minecraft avatar and name on user's profiles and post sidebars (both threads and PMs).
  • Customisable colours (see http://i.imgur.com/F1y2w2I.png for a dark example).
    • Default colours match XenForo's default theme.
    • You can customize the widget to ensure it fits in with your site.
  • The system works by associating Minecraft UUIDs with XenForo user IDs.
  • Includes support for user promotions and trophy awards based on whether a user has associated their account.
  • Great for easily recognising in-game players on your forums and handling support requests.
  • Association takes less than 30 seconds if the user already has an MCAssoc account.
    • Users without an existing account simply change their skin to one with encoded data (which does not impact their in-game skin at all - data outside visible region) via the provided link.
    • No need to collect usernames or passwords. No need for the user to be in-game or type in complicated commands.
    • Powered by lukegb's open-source, freely available MCAssoc service.
  • Uses templates and phrases to ensure you can change the display of the addon.
  • Easy to install.
  • Works in conversations/private messages.
New verification system
Now setting up the addon is easier than ever!

The shared secret is a required setting when configuring the addon and a new, completely automated system has been introduced to allow for domains to be verified and shared secret keys to be generated on-demand. This replaces the old system which required add-on users to send an email to lukegb. Many thanks to lukegb for his help getting these changes deployed.

1. Visit https://mcassoc.lukegb.com/
  2. Enter the domain (where the forums are served from) you wish to verify in the right-hand textbox

1. Click the "Sign up" button
  2. Decide how you want to verify your domain. At present, you can either create a HTML file or add a TXT record to your domain.
  3. Follow the instructions and click the appropriate button to receive your shared secret.
  4. Paste the shared secret into the Minecraft association options in XenForo's admin control panel.
  5. Generate an instance secret to use here and enter it on the settings page.
  6. The site ID field should exactly match the domain you typed in the sign-up box on the verification site.
Note: If you're using CloudFlare or enforcing SSL it is suggested you try the TXT record verification system first.

If you get stuck at any point and wish to have your domain manually verified, email mcassoc [at] lukegb [dot] com.

Screenshots
feJtGsU.png
33fXorY.png

iwNECSl.png

a1KtG4p.png

F5zsgUm.png

zc4aTYL.png

gTxnQn7.png

Installing
You'll need PHP 5.4 or later.

The install procedure should be the same as most other XenForo addons. Here's how it works:

• Grab the latest ZIP from the GitHub releases page.
  • Upload everything in the upload folder to the root of your XenForo installation.
  • You should now see a new AssociationMc folder in your library directory.
  • Use the admin panel and the XML file provided in the ZIP to finalize the install.
Now the install is done and you should see the addon in your addons list. It's time to configure it:

• Go to the Home -> Options page in the ACP.
  • Find the "Minecraft Association" settings page:
    • t7u6mUN.png
  • You will *need to verify your domain to get the shared secret. See the above section ("New verification system") for information on how to do this.
  • The instance secret needs to be set to an even length hexadecimal string. This should be treated as a password.
    • If you don't know what this means, you can generate an instance secret to use here.
  • Save the settings.
Now the addon's link will be available in the profile dropdown. You can use this link to ensure everything is working. Try associating your account. You should then be able to see the avatar in all your posts and on your profile page.
Author
lol768
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

4.71 star(s) 7 ratings

More resources from lol768

Latest updates

1. v1.0.2 (fix user criteria checkbox)

Fix user promotion checkbox not being checked appropriately. Thanks to DJNinjaCrash for the report.
  2. v1.0.1 (fix AJAX replies not showing association info)

Fix thread replies created using the AJAX controller action not showing association info until...
  3. v1.0 (custom avatar URLs, user promotion/trophy support, bug fixes)

Add user criteria support for awarding trophies/promotions when users associate their account...

Latest reviews

It wasn't exactly doing what we needed so I contacted the developer to get some extra features developed. Everything went pretty flawless and I'm extremely satisfied with the final product.
Amazing resource! I use this for verificate users on my site to know if they are premium and tracking their name, also friendly author and open-source project that allow to help hip with translation and more, and it's free. I would rate it 100000 stars but i am limited to 5 :(
Works great on Xenforo 1.5. Thank you, this was a big feature on my wish list. And it's even free.:)
lol768
lol768
You're very welcome! Thanks for the review, and have a happy new year.
Works great on my website. lol768 offers great support too :) I've yet to have an issue with this addon. He even updated the uuid thingy and wrote a script to convert names.
The verify of website don't work... I tryed to verify but the website verify other file name. Please solve this problem. Sorry for my english i speak italian.
lol768
lol768
After discussing via PM, I determined this to be as a result of CloudFlare's "under attack" mode. We now offer a DNS verification system for people unable to host a txt file.
I have installed this and have gotten the secret code, but it seems nothing is showing up... all looks correct and should be working... is the "Instance secret" the same as the secret code or do we make it up? as both options when I try something there doesnt show the menu on any profiles. BUT i have seen this work and the setup looks simple so 5 star rating
lol768
lol768
Sent you a PM to try and explain this :)
Very awesome, fast w/ the skin verification system.
lol768
lol768
Glad to hear you like it!

If you have any suggestions or issues, please feel free to make an issue on GitHub.
Top Bottom