• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Topslide- jquery sliding advert in header

Mark3121

This is based off the jquery easyslider, it adds sliding adverts or content to your header.

Once the plugin is loaded it adds 2 template files 'topslide' and 'toplide.css' where you can play around with adding more slides or sizes etc.

I'm not a coder so there are no admin options etc, this is just an attempt at doing a simple plugin as Ive never done one.

demo

V1.1
topslide_v1.1 is a horizontal slider that is continuous as in the demo. Updated to work with xenforo beta2.

V2 - 23 Feb
Updated to use hook so requires no template edits. This now uses the 'anything slider' code with different options for easing the slide contained in the file jquery.topslidecontrol.js. If your using the previous versions delete the old jquery files and revert any templates that were changed. Needs rc3 to work.

Attachments

Great Idea, though I would warn anyone that considers using this to check your T&C as some Ad Networks would not allow this with the adverts being hidden even for part of the time.

Nice addon, although very crafty placing it directly under the login/register drop-down. Lots of accidental clicks!

I didnt notice the login tab until I logged out...:)

I think I will leave as is, its an easy change to topslide.css to make it clear the tab, just make the margin-top: 25px or move the login tab as I have done.

Looks very nice, we don't use adverts but I'm sure I could think of something else to put in it :).

Its similar to what you would use to promote articles, specific products... not really about ads. Rockettheme have their own... used for its true purpose to promote inner content / goods / services quickly. Eye captivating images are the fastest way to catch a users attention opposed to text, in order to get them onto the page you want them on.

Yep, promoting articles, announcements sorta thing was what I was thinking of :) ... can't miss that bugger ... although I'm sure most of my members could manage it ;).

Top Bottom