Add-on Paid 1500$/2000$ - Multisite CMS Addon for Xenforo

It is a CMS. Just because they use a different name doesn't mean any different.

Advantages are good code, more features, WYSIWYG, ZF, new tech... it is like the XenForo of the CMS world. But I can do either integration on that budget. Sitepoint network is similar to what you want? It uses wordpress. Just we would integrate forums too.

I didn't used Wordpress with the XF for a reason: for a big project with dozens of collaborators and sites it's a pain to have 2 different products bridged, mostly when you need to upgrade the products and to modify this when you add some addons...this is because i've requested a custom addon. I prefer a very basic cms addon with the features requested that i simple for average user use than a fully featured solution with various issues...

I know that there are some good cms with a XF bridge (Content Teller, Vivvo, Subdreamer and Wordpress) but i want a custom solution coded from scratch.

I'm just offering different ways you can have the same outcome. If you want something custom I can do that too, if it is powered by XenForo I can do it much faster and better than using other software as I know XenForo fairly well, not many parts I haven't read or modified.

I have in the past requested a Premium WP Bridge for my network but with tests i see that for my needs i need a custom solution. An addon like IP.Content. My budget is 1500/2000$, i can optionally give the right to the developer to mantain the rights of the code, but i need in that case forever support and updates.

That's my needs:
Multisite support: I need to have multiple sites connected with 1 single forum (like this website). Every website should have this own subdomain (like music.domain.com, television.domain.com) and also the community should have this own subdomain (forums.domain.com).
Article to thread: - For Every article in a website should be created a topic in the forum. The replies on the topics in the forum is copied in "comments" in the article (example - Forum topic: http://bit.ly/lYV0Vz Article: http://bit.ly/l6AR0R...2° example: article, forum topic). With every website you can choose the forums for pointing the comments (see examples...).
- 4 role permission levels: global admin, global editor, editor, collaborator
- Categories and tags
- Sitemap and RSS
- Frontpage with the last articles of every website with a "featured" area with accordion jquery slider
- Template and blocks customization for every website similary to the xenforo template
- Feature of the menagement of advertisment on the template of every website
- Custom navbar and column of every website
Do you still need this done?

Still looking for a CMS ?

LOL...a year passed, i'm still looking a CMS addon like Avforums and TechSpot...i need something simplier than that.

@Robbo are you interested on coding that?

I have no problem to give the rights of the coder on the developer...if he wants to resell he can make many money because the CMS is now the most requested addon in Xenforo.

Waiting for coders aivable for this :-)

I have tried to contact many coders, but with no luck.
"I have no time for a such big project" that's the common responce. Once accepted the work and promised me to finish in 1 month...2 delays and he have not finished the work. Result? He give me the refund, but i have lost 2 months for nothing...

Another coder (a famous one :D) said that he are aivable to do this for the double of my budget and suggested me to create a private crowfund.

I want to know if there are persons interested to have a true CMS like Avforums and Techspot (with article creation, widget framework support etc.) and want co contribute to crowfund a true cms?

Use a portal and ditch wordpress. Anything you want to blog about can be made in a thread and still look pretty good.

Maybe you can get a custom wysiwyg editor rather then trying to make two scripts coexist and always have to keep updating a bridge when the two scripts update.

@Markos - I'd have loved to participate; but I've already contributed to XenPorta 2.0.

I know...and i hope to see the article feature on the new Xenporta (already requested and proposed to fund this to @Jaxel...but he refused to respond me). I have proposed the article feature (with article/topic integration) also to the coder of Extraportal...now i'm waiting for a response. :-)

Use a portal and ditch wordpress. Anything you want to blog about can be made in a thread and still look pretty good.

Maybe you can get a custom wysiwyg editor rather then trying to make two scripts coexist and always have to keep updating a bridge when the two scripts update.

I prefer to have site and forum separated. IMHO with a Portal you can't create a serious editorial project, a true blog. In fact, you have not a true website: Xenporta/Extraportal now is a simple landing page for your forum.

That can be good for the majority of users, but if you need to have a professional site, if you want to have a blog with editorial team, updated daily and with articles professional written, IMHO you have to go with a site *SEPARATED* from the forum.

@Markos no chance in hell I would crowdfund something. It's kind of a bad idea because you could end up with nothing but an empty wallet. As much as I would love to have a "cms" - crowd funding is like throwing your money in a fire and hoping it magically turns into something. If I'm paying for a script, then it needs to be complete and I need to be able to test it to make a decision.

You could end up payin for 1-nothing, or 2-something you don't like, or 3-no longer need because so much time went by that what you wanted at the time has
Now become irrelevant.

Seems like the programmers here are fully capable of a decent cms, but maybe they don't see a big enough need to create one in their own and reap the benefits of sales.

If you want a cms just to have widgets and articles built in, then I don't see it happening because there's already pretty good addons for that.

If you can find a way to hack it together, go for it!

Maybe this thread could spark some interest in XF staff to code us a nice looking front page ability with a blog look to it?

Now that would be cool!

Xf portal / homepage built in!

I respect your opinion @drastic. The question for me is very simple. Xenporta/Extraportal/Featured Threads is good for the majority of users. If you don't need to have a blog in the home with forum integration, the portal here is good for you. There are no need to crowfund for a CMS. The portal solutions here is sufficient.

My proposal is for users that need something similar to IP.Content (not will all the features of IP.Content obviously, but with a site area separated of the forum area) and want an alternative to Wordpress more integrated to Xenforo.

I have posted here many reasons to have article area separated from forum area and also if you read this thread you will understand.

Seems like the programmers here are fully capable of a decent cms, but maybe they don't see a big enough need to create one in their own and reap the benefits of sales.

Maybe @sonnb it will release something in the next weeks...(i hope that).

I would like to customize my threads on a nice looking homepage too, but I don't want two different systems. I've done that before and sometimes it's annoying to update both.

I would like to customize my threads on a nice looking homepage too, but I don't want two different systems. I've done that before and sometimes it's annoying to update both.

Why 2 different systems? If you give the right to the coder (a serious coder) to release, you can have the addon regularly updated.

I need a techcrunch style newsblog CMS. Also multisite.

A crowdfund would sound good to me. It's working for xenreviews just fine.

I can also contribute a sum of money, if the system would relay on:
1. Different editor (HTML editor, not a BB-code editor. Having a CMS system that supports BB-code is a pain)
2. Having the ability to integrate side images in articles, not just horizontal images. In other words, having images next to text
3. Revision control. Not the basic/bb-code revision control that XF has, but something more author-friendly that keeps more than 1 revision at a time
4. Broken link checker (which is a must for a big CMS with couple of hundreds articles. Links are dying pretty quickly and some of the content becomes irrelevant).
5. Embed Youtube videos (I guess it's kind of common sense, but good to mention)
6. SEO friendly

Last edited:
Top Bottom