4. 1.4
License
CC By
Visible branding
No
QuoteME !
by Cédric CLAERHOUT

Addon Presentation
This addon allows you to select some text in a message and quote it into the editor with a little popup.
I had this addon on vBulletin and my members and I loved it. So now here it is on XenForo :)

Since version 2.0:
To make it simple: compatible with TouchScreen/Mobile devices. More information here.

Since version 1.6:
  • The quotes can be saved inside the user broswer memory to have a "transPage" mode which is kind of cross threads multi quotes mode.
  • You also have an option to automatically activate the QuoteME popup after selected some text in a post OR you can activate the QuoteME popup once a trigger has been pressed (located at the top right of the thread)
QUOTEME.webp

Working with
  • TinyMCE editor 3.x
  • TinyMCE Quattro (with a button to enable the QuoteMe (fast quotes) modes as an option -see the FAQ - Paragraph 1)
  • XenForo Redactor
  • the normal 'editor' (textarea) being used with TinyMCE
  • the normal 'editor' (textarea) used alone
  • Markitup Integrator addon
Tested on
Firefox, Opera, Chrome, IE>7

Important (for XenForo 1.1.x)
The version of TinyMCE used by XenForo has a bug with Opera when inserting selected text inside the editor. To fix it, please go here.

Addon Installation/Update
  1. On XenForo 1.1 only, install first: Template Modification System (TMS)
  2. Use any auto installer addon OR
    1. Upload the files on your forum directory
    2. Import xml file
Addon Configuration
  • AdminCp=>Appearance=>Style properties=>(Select your style)=>QuoteME
    demo02.webp
  • AdminCp=>Options=>QuoteME!
    demo01.webp

Configuration Note
FROM 1.3 VERSION
If you have positioning problems with the QuoteMe Box, go here to configure this:
AdminCp=>Appearance=>Style properties=>(Select your style)=>QuoteME

BEFORE 1.3 VERSION
If you're using a custom theme, you will certain have to configure the 'margin-top'.
I might have missed something but I didn't find a way to automatically correct this margin in the javascript file.

So to proceed, it's extremely simple: just go to AdminCp=>Appearance=>Style properties=>(Select your style)=>QuoteME
Then change here the margin-top (negative value) (default:-10px)

Translations
Licence
Creative Commons BY 3.0

References
  • The transPage mode is provided thanks to the script jStorage - special thanks to his creator, Andris Reinman.
  • demo03.webp
    demo03.webp
    19.2 KB · Views: 1,484
  • demo04.webp
    demo04.webp
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,364
  • demo05.webp
    demo05.webp
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,325
Author
cclaerhout
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 35 ratings

More resources from cclaerhout

Latest updates

1. Version 2.1.1 released

Version 2.1.1 released Automatically disable the official XenForo QuoteMe feature (XenForo 1.4)...
  2. Version 2.1.0 released

Version 2.1.0 released (Github commit) Fix quote information on mobile devices Reason: they...
  3. Version 2.0.5.1 released

Version 2.0.5.1 released This is a maintenance release, no need to do it if you don't use...

Latest reviews

Several have commented this feature should be in XF's core and I have to agree. After years of running a vB board and having users repeatedly and needlessly quote entire posts, this add-on is certainly a breath of fresh air! Now, users can easily and quickly select 'exactly' what they are responding to in any previous posts of a thread.

It simply makes our board more readable and better for everyone involved. Three cheers for this add-on!
cclaerhout
cclaerhout
Thanks. For information: this feature is now in XF core ;)
Properly installed and working perfectly.
Thank you very much.
Brilliant Add-on! Outstanding work! Thanks for this! :)
Love this add-on!
One of the very best xen add-ons available.
I love it !!!
I have around 40 add-ons, and this is by far the most useful add-on on my installation. Well done!
Great, thank you very much for the updated.
Thank you very much, installed.
Thank you!!!!!
Работает, качать всем!!!
Top Bottom